Find the Right People for the Job Right Here in Midland
Midland and the surrounding region are home to a workforce of 560,000. Their experience, combined with industry-specific workforce training programs, ensure that skills are available right here to scale up your business.
The area’s elite workforce gives local business a competitive advantage:
- Over 40% of the population has a bachelor’s or graduate degree
- Highest per capita concentration of PhDs in the nation
- Ranked #1 county in Michigan for patents filed per capita (Michigan State University)
- More resident engineers and chemists per capita than any area in the nation
- Successful partnerships between major chemical industry manufacturers and local colleges
Workforce Development & Training Programs
Several workforce development and training programs, and STEM initiatives, are headquartered right in Midland, with more in the surrounding area as well. They train local workers in specific manufacturing, skilled trades and chemical process skills, which saves your business time and money.
- Delta College Fast Start Training Programs
- Education and Training Connection
- Great Lakes Safety Training Center
- Great Lakes Bay Michigan Works!
- Greater Michigan Construction Academy
- Michigan Project-Based Learning Institute at Meridian Public Schools
- Great Lakes Bay Regional Alliance STEM Initiative
Midland County is home to three universities and within 30 miles of several others.
- Northwood University – This Midland-based school offers a variety of business undergraduate degrees as well as a BBA/MBA program.
- Davenport University has a campus in Midland, and offers degree programs in business, technology, health professions, arts and sciences, and urban education.
- Delta College operates a Midland campus and the main campus is 15 minutes away. The state-supported community college offers technical training and associate’s degrees in various studies.
- Saginaw Valley State University (SVSU), located 20 minutes from Midland, is a four-year state university offering many bachelor’s and master’s programs.
- Central Michigan University (CMU) is 30 minutes west of Midland and offers bachelor’s, master’s and PhD degrees in many subjects. Their Midland satellite campus allows local residents to enroll in MBA and other degree programs.